If the license file is having a limit, space allowed as per the license is calculated from below directories under %FASTSEARCH%\data\**
- We can remove a collection by using the collection-admin utility, located atÂ %FASTSEARCH%\bin\ in Windows.
- To use collection-admin, all of the QRServers in the installation must be up, as collection addition or removal will require reprocessing of search views.
- To delete a collection, execute the following command, from the bin folder as mentioned in the first point: collection-admin -m delcollection -n
WARNING : [email protected]:16089: systemmsg: Deployment attempt failed. Will retry for 300 seconds. Error message: Could not initiate deployment transaction. Name service or QR-server down?
If this happens, simply restart the query server and the delete operation will complete. You should then view the collection overview page of the Admin GUI web interface and the search view used by the collection to confirm that the collection was deleted.
DELETING DOCUMENTS FROM COLLECTIONS
- We can remove documents from the collection by using the indexeradmin utility, located atÂ %FASTSEARCH\bin\ in Windows
- Run indexeradmin with the cleancollection command followed by the collection name as an argument:
This will clear all of the documents out of the collection, and it will delete them from the index. However, it will maintain the collection and its configuration. The above suggestions might work, but it is strongly recommended that you to contact the TAM or the Technical Account Manager ( this is would be the permanent fix ) regarding the enhancements to the licenses.
One workaround is to rebuild the fixmls and defrag it; Steps for the same are as follows :
- Stop all feeding
- Shut down the indexer (nctrl stop indexer) on that node. Making sure the process has ended.
- Delete the data/data_fixml/db folder to provoke DB rebuild.
- Delete the data/data_fixml/metacache.dat file. This is the most important step.
- Start up the indexer (nctrl start indexer)
- Search will still be available while following this procedure
- indexeradmin -m defragfixml -a
Consolidating the suggestions:
- Delete unwanted collections
- Delete the unwanted documents from the collection
- Reduce the lemmatization’s and navigators
- Reduce the composite fields and run a defrag to compress the FIXML