So, you have started your blog and it’s been 6 months and you are not getting a good amount of traffic to it. You are doing your SEO you are also bookmarking and submitting the site but the results don’t show up, well, Our Advice: KEEP DOING IT. IT WILL SHOW UP.
Here are some tips that can help you get repeated users to get back to your website.
1. Brand your website so that visitors always know they are on your site. Use consistent colors, logos and slogans and always provide a Contact Us’ link on each page.
3. Update the pages on your website frequently. Stagnant sites are dropped by some search engines. You can even put a date counter on the page to show when it was last updated.
4. Offer additional value on your website. For affiliates and partners you can place links to their sites and products and ask them to do the same for you. You can also advertise their books or videos, if these products relate to your industry and are not in competition with your own product.
5. Â Ensure that each page on your website has appropriate titles and keywords so that your customer can find their way back to your site if they lose the book mark.
6. Create a FAQ page which addresses most of the doubts and clarifications about your product or your company that are likely to be asked. This helps to resolve most of the customers doubts in their first visit to your site.
7. You can allow customers to opt in’ to get discounts and special offers. Place a link on your site to invite customers to opt in’ to get a monthly newsletter or valuable coupons.
8. Add a link Recommend this site to a Friend’ so that the visitor can email your website link, with a prewritten title, Thought you might be interested in this Â, just by clicking on it.
9. Add a link to your primary page with a script Book Mark or Add this site to your Favorites’.
10. Never spam a client, who has opted for newsletters, with unsolicited emails. Later if they decide they want to opt out’ of the mailings, be sure you honor their request and take them off the mailing list. They may still come back if they like your products. But they will certainly not come back if you continue to flood their email box with mails they no longer wish to receive.
For more tips and tricks, please subscribe to Dhawal Damania’s Official Blog’s Email Newsletters.