Samsung released the most powerful phone yet at the Unpacking event in London yesterday, May 3 2012. The launch saw a lot of features the phone is getting along with it.
Phone sports an 4.8 inch (1280Ã—720 pixels) HD Super AMOLED display and runsÂ Android 4.0 (Ice Cream Sandwich). It also has some unique features such as S Voice, Social tag, Direct call, Smart stay, Smart alert, S Beam, AllShare Play and AllShare Cast and Buddy photo share.
Technical Specification of the Samsung Galaxy S3
- 4.8” Super AMOLED HD display
- 720 x 1280 px (306ppi) Resolution
- 16/32/64GB depending on model, plus expandable MicroSD card
- 1 GB RAM
- 8MP rear; 1.9 MP front Camera featuring:Â Back-illuminated sensor (BSI), CMOS image sensor, Auto focus, Video stabilizer, Face detection, Exposure control, White balance, ISO control, Multi shot, Geo tagging, Panorama, High Dynamic Range mode (HDR)
- Exynos 4 Quad (1.4GHz) Processor
- 50GB Dropbox for two years Cloud storage
- Weight: 133g
- Battery:Â 2,100mAh (wireless charging optional extra)
- Features:Â Light sensor, Proximity sensor, Accelerometer, Gyroscope, Compass, Barometer,Â Scratch-resistant glassÂ
- Connectivity: Bluetooth, Wi-Fi, Wi-Fi Direct,Â NFC, DLNA, MHL, Tethering, Computer sync, OTA sync
- Android 4.0.4 (Ice Cream Sandwich)
Out of the world Features of Samsung Galaxy S3 included with Android 4.0
S Voice a la Siri
It is the advanced natural language user interface, to listen and respond to your words. In offers you powerful functions in regards to device control and commands that lets you Snooze an Alarm, Answer your phone (or reject a call), turn your music up (or down), play your favorite songs, turn the volume up or down, send text messages and emails, organize your schedules, and even tell the camera when to shoot.
With the new S Beam the Galaxy S3 takes Android Beam to a new level, allowing a 1GB movie file to be shared just 3 minutes and a 10MB music file within 2 seconds by simply touching another GALAXY S III phone, even without a Wi-Fi or Data connection. All you have to do is face the backs of your phones together to transfer documents, contacts, pictures, music, videos, and more.
When you are messaging someone and decide to call them instead this feature is most useful, so that you don’t need to go through the call logs or contacts.Â You can simply lift your phone to your ear and ‘Direct call’ will dial their number.
AllShare Play and AllShare Cast
With the AllShare Cast lets the users wirelessly connect their GALAXY S III to their television to immediately transfer smartphone content to a larger display even use your phone’s buttons as a controller with gestures.
The AllShare Play lets you share any forms of files between GALAXY S III and your tablet, PC, and televisions instantly regardless of the distance between the devices. The Group Cast feature allows you to share your screen among multiple friends on the same Wi-Fi network.
Smart Stay andÂ Smart Alert
With the innovative smart stay feature, the phone automatically recognizes how you are using your phone reading an e-book or browsing the web for instance. The front camera identify your eyes and the phone maintains a bright display for continued viewing pleasure.
With the Smart alert feature the phone will save you from trouble by catching any missed messages or calls; your phone will vibrate to notify missed statuses when picked up after being idle.
Pop Up Play
The Pop up play feature allows you to play a video anywhere on your screen while simultaneously running other tasks, eliminating the need to close and restart videos when checking new emails or surfing the Web.
Buddy Photo Share
The Buddy photo share feature allows photos to be easily and simultaneously shared with all your friends pictured in an image directly from the camera or the photo gallery. The phone also recognizes faces and links those for you, using your group profiles for guidance.
What we Love about the Samsung Galaxy S3
- Ice Cream Sandwich Android
- S Voice, Social tag, Direct call, Smart stay, Smart alert, S Beam, AllShare Play and AllShare Cast and Buddy photo share.
- Powerful Processor
- Amazing Camera
- Breaking all the Benchmark Barriers when compared to the best of the phone in the class or out of the class
What we Hate about the Samsung Galaxy S3
- Plasticy Body
- 4.8 inch screen, yea, I personally wont use a 4.8 inch screen phone, If you are a Note user, you might love it. The screen size if a two-edged sword, coming from an iPhone you might hate it.
Price of Galaxy S3
Thought the pricing is not be out by Samsung we expect it to be Â US$ 800 for a contract free, unlocked model.
Release Date Galaxy S3
Samsung Galaxy is expected to be released this month on the 29th May 2012 in UK and Europe.