Aright, so you are very concerned about your computer’s privacy and security, You also have a very secure password not one of these. and what happens when you forget your windows Login password.
With so many user accounts online you need to remember a lot of passwords so there are easy chances of Â blanking Â out any of them. Forgetting your windows password can be really frustrating, especially, when you are wanting to get some important work done. If you have lost your windows password, don’t fret there are numerous ways to recover it.
Check out the password hint, usually located at the side of your password prompt on the welcome screen. You might get an idea about what the password was related to, take a few minutes to think about the forgotten password, you may recover it. If you never included any hint, move to the next way.
Try Logging in as an Administrator
At the login screen press CTRL+ALT+DEL Twice. Then type in Administrator with the capital A’ as the username and leave the password blank. If you are able to log in
Right-click on My Computer > Click on manage > go to local users and groups. > Users > right-click on your user name and select set password’ fill in the new password.
Note: This Stuff might not work in Windows 7.
Password Recovery Programs
Password recovery tools are often called as password cracker Â tools because they are sometimes used by the hackers to crack the passwords. But using these programs for recovering your own windows password is certainly a legitimate practice. Several free and premium password recovery programs are available on the internet. Try Â Ophcrack, Or google for Password recovery tools and you will get plenty of them.
Widows Password Reset Disk
Microsoft Windows lets you create a password reset disk using floppy disk or pen drive. The disk is extremely easy to create and use. Select the option to use the Password Reset disk at the password prompt screen and plugin the disk into your computer and follow the onscreen instructions to reset your password. Password reset disk can be created from the user setting panel inside control panel.
Final Resort: Use Windows Installation Disk
If none of the options above works for you, although Password Recovery Programs do work in most of the situations but If you do not want to go into the technicalities of using them or in short if you are finding password recovery programs difficult to use you can go for this option.
Using Windows Installation disk for resetting the password is a little time-consuming process. Follow the below steps:
- Load your windows operation system disk and restart your computer.
- When prompted press any key to boot from the disk.
- Select new installation.
- Press F8 to accept the license key.
- Choose the repair option on the setup screen.
- Your computer will now restart. Give it some time.
- When the installation process starts again, watch the bottom left corner of your screen for the Installing Devices Â message.
- Press the shift+F10, it will bring up the command console.
- In the command console type NUSRMGR.CPL or userpasswords2 and press enter.
- It will bring up the user and group management window.
- Select the user account, right-click on it and select the set password’ and enter the new password.
- Now exit the command console and enter the windows license key if prompted.
- Your computer will now get restarted automatically, at the login screen enter the new password.
- All your setting and files should be intact.
These were some of the ways, you can get your password recovered, there are plenty more out there. Try it and let us know which one works the best for you.