We got our hand on the early Alpha version of the newest Android, the Ice Cream Sandwich. The overall experience looks very polished and we are sure it would make gingerbread or even iOS5 look like Stone-Age OS.
Folks over at XDA developers are working on it for the Nexus One and were kind enough to give us a shot at it.
Though in the Early versions, it works good enough for us even on the Nexus One.
Okay, so here is how you can Install Android Ice Cream Sandwich on Google Nexus One
1. Google Nexus One
2. SD Card
4. A want to do something EPIC, try Ice Cream Sandwich before everyone else, Like a Boss 😉
- Touch screen
- Capacitive buttons
- Lock screen
- The entire interface in general
- Gallery about 50%
- SD Memory
What Doesn’t work
- Mobile network
- Auto-brightness control
How to Install Ice Cream Sandwich ROM on Google Nexus One
Instructions to install ICS on Google Nexus One are pretty Straightforward
1. Download the ICS Flashable zip from here, and place it onto the Root of the SD Card
2. Install Amon RA recovery, Remember, it won’t work if you have Clockwork Mod
3. Boot into recovery, Flash the ICS ZIP file (MeDroid_N1_ICS_test_rom_03.zip)
4. Voila; Show it off to your Galaxy S2 and iPhone 4S friends
How does Ice Cream Sandwich Looks like on Google Nexus One, we’ve got some screen shots, we had to take it via an Camera as, it has still not got support to take screenshots
Check the Android Version Baby!!
So if you have a Nexus One and B*lls of Steel, go Upgrade and make sure you do a Nandroid Backup, or your use favourite backup software to retain a copy of the System, incase you want to revert back, well, technically, this ROM is usable for now, So, you’d have to revert after testing 😉
Do let us know if you are facing problems, unlike other blogs we DO respond to queries.
Feel Free to Link our Facebook PageÂ for such awesomely Exclusive Technology News
One more thing, Have you join the list of 850+ people who receive newsletters from us, with all the latest technology buildups around the world that too for Free!!!
Click here to subscribe to our FREE EMAIL NEWLETTERS
The DNetWorks Team