Apple announced a wholeÂ lot of devices, ranging from MacBook ProÂ to the iPad mini, iPad 4, iMacs and Mac Mini, all in one event, that happened yesterday 23rd October 2012.
Macbook Pro 13 inch with Retina Display
Apple introduced the Macbook Pro 13 inch with the high-resolution Retina Display. The new model also includes USB 3.0 ports, a i5 Processor and 256 GB of Storage, SSD that is, it doesn’t have the DVD drive though, it will boastÂ Intel HD Graphics 4000,Â they call the 13 inch Macbook Pro the best-selling Mac and they’ve made this one 20% thin and about a pound lighter.
Here are the 3Â Variants:
2.5 GHz, 128GB of Flash storage, 8GB of RAM
2.5 GHz, 256 GB of Flash storage, 8GB of RAM
2.9 GHz, 512GB of Flash storage, 8GB of RAM
They are available to order.Â The basic model starts at $1699.00 shipping today.
Before saying anything, we want to tell you that we had predicted an iPad Nano or a smaller version on iPadÂ 6 months ago! YAY! for that.
Apple aims to take on the fast-growing tablet market with yet another product, it did so by revealing its 7.9 inch Tablet, the iPad mini, the device fits in the hand perfectly, they say.
The iPad Mini will start at $329, $130 more than the starting Kindle Fire HD and Nexus 7.
The $329 model has 16GB memory and Wi-Fi, starts shipping November 2; a version that works on phone networks starts at $459 (that is insane).
iPad Mini, we believe firstly, doesn’t fit into Apple’s scheme of things, plus the price if off the shot for the consumers who already have various Android Tablet options in the sub $200 price tag.
- Screen size: 7.9 inches diagonally
- Screen resolution: 1024 by 768 pixels
- Weight: 0.68 pound (0.69 pound for cellular versions)
- Cameras: 5-megapixel camera on back and a low-resolution camera on front, for videoconferencing
- Battery life: 10 hours
- Operating system: Apple’s iOS
Â iPad 4
Apple in a surprise move, launched yet another version of the iPad at the event, this time with the Retina Display, which wasn’t there in The New iPadÂ which was launched earlier this year, it almost nullifies iPad 3, however, reports claim that they may exchange the new iPad for the iPad 3 users for FREE.
iPad 4 Specifications
- A faster Apple A6X dual-core processor with quad-core graphics unit
- 1GB of RAM
- 5 MP auto focus iSight camera on rear side
- 1.2 MP front-facing camera with 720p HD video for Facetime video calling
- 9.7-inch LED-backlit Multi-Touch Retina display with IPS technology with 2048 x 1536 resolution at 264 pixels per inch (ppi)
- Fingerprint-resistantÂ oleophobicÂ coating
- Size: 241.2 mm x 185.7 mm x 9.4 mm
- Weight: 652 g
- Lightning connector
- Bluetooth 4.0
- Dual-band Wi-Fi
- Universal 4G LTE network band support,
- iOS6 with Siri
- 10 hours of battery backup.
Check out this list of Funny and Frustrated TweetsÂ about it. (don’t miss it)
Preorders: 26th October, Ships: 2nd November
The refreshed line of iMac was a show-stopper for us at least, we loved the new design and the look of it and may well go ahead and buy a few for our HQ.
The redesigned iMac has an edge which measures just 5 mm and features a completely re-engineered display that reduces reflection by 75%
One of the major selling points of the new iMac is Apple’s Fusion Drive, Apple has built a first ever hybrid storage solution.
Merging a 128GB flash drive (SSD) with a hard drive (traditional) of 1TB or 3TB to churn out the best of both worlds, depending on what size model you opt for, Apple said that the new system is faster at both reading and writing data.
You can add up to 32GB RAM via theÂ four user-accessible SO-DIMM slots. In terms of the processor,Â It has Core i5 all-round as standard, with clock speeds of 2.7GHz, 2.9GHz and 3.2GHz,Â the high-endÂ models are upgradable to Core i7, resulting in 3.1GHz and 3.4GHz performance for the 21.5” and 27”
The base model iMac with an i5 processor has a traditional hard drive and 21.5-inch display costs $1,299, ships next month. The base 27-inch model is $1,799, ships in December. The DVD drives seems to be vanishing one at a time from Apple computers.
Physically, there is no change, however, on the back of the mini you will find quite a few ports. Starting on the left is the power port, Gigabit Ethernet, Firewire 800, HDMI video out, Thunderbolt, four USB 3.0 ports, an SD memory card slot, and audio in and out ports.
Specification of Mac Mini:
- Third-generation Intel Core processor
- 2.5GHz dual-core Intel Core i5, or
- 2.6GHz quad-core Intel Core i7 (up to 2x performance of the previous-generation)
- 4-16GB of 1600MHz DDR3Â memory
- Intel HD Graphics 4000 (up to 65x more Â performance)
- Comes standard with a 500GB or 1TB 5400 RPM hard drive, or
- Up to 256GB SSD, or
- Fusion Drive, which combines a 1TB HDD and 128GB SSD
- Thunderbolt port
- Four USB 3 ports
- 802.11n Wi-Fi
Price starts at 2.5GHz dual-core i5, 4GB, 500GB HDD at $599.
Server configuration is 2.3GHz quad-core i7, 4GB of RAM, Two 1TB HD OS X server, $999
Which one of these Apple products will you buy or would want to?