HTML Â (Hypertext Markup Language) is used to logically structure a web page by symbolizing specific semantics to the entire content such as headings, links, paragraphs etc.
Recently the stable version of Â HTML5 Â has been launched. Just in case you want to know if HTML5 is ready to deployed without and bug check out Here
What is HTML5?
HTML5 is the latest version of HTML and Â XHTML. It comes up with a number of features like drag and drop, multimedia, video playback, APIs, form control, canvas, etc.
What are the benefits of HTML5?
- HTML5 brings in new elements to structure the web pages as compared to HTML4 which uses common structures such as: header, columns etc.
- These new elements are: header, nav, section, article, aside, and footer.
- Now, each of these elements serves a unique purpose:-
- header’ Â denotes the inclusion of heading, sub headings etc. which is more specific.
- nav’ Â signifies both the website navigation as well as the navigation of the table of contents.
- section’ Â element corresponds to a broad category of a web page.
- article’ Â element symbolizes a particular section of web page such as: Â blog, news, testimonials etc.
- aside’ Â element is used to include the content that may relate to a specific section of a document or a web page.
- footer’ Â element is used to indicate important information like copyright data, the author’s name, links to other pages etc.
- HTML5 brings a whole new dimension to web world. It can embed video on web-pages without using any special software like Flash.
- Not only videos, Â HTML5 Â is said to be capable of playing video games on the browser itself (8-bit games have been tried on it).
- Besides this, Â HTML5 Â is considered to be flexible to handle inaccurate syntax. HTML5 specifies the rules related to the parsing and lexing as compared to HTML4. This means that even if there is an incorrect syntax, similar result is produced by various complaint browsers.
- Furthermore, HTML5 denotes to scripting of API (application programming interfaces) including new APIs like:-
- Drag and drop
- Database storage offline
- Editing of the document
- Canvas 2D APIs, etc.
What is the basic differences between HTML4 and HTML5
- HTML4 supports the tag soup’ i.e. the ability to inscribe malformed code and get them accurately on the document. But there are no written rules or guidelines for doing this. This implies that malformed documents are to be tested on various browsers.
- To tackle this issue, Â HTML5 Â is being developed in such a way so that the developers need not waste their time and efforts in creating an error free web page.
- Unlike its predecessor, Â HTML5 Â also includes many new tags and also new names for older tags with extra features like: local storage wherein a lot of information can be stored, JS-based hacks or Flash, validation form etc. so as to make the applications easy for the developers and speedier for the users.