So, everything has changed all over again for the F8 conference in SanÂ Francisco, Facebook has introduced a host of new features and the most awaited one has to be the Timeline, which streamlines your Facebook account to give you a one stop view for all your activities you’ve gone on Facebook every since you’ve started to use it. Sounds great right, it is, but, Timeline is open just for developers for now.
What can you do to get the Facebook Timeline, Simple become a Facebook developer, I know it sounds bizzaire, but YES, become a developer, you would question, you don’t know, anything about development on Facebook, very there come the DNetWorks Man, to the rescue.
The end result would be this
Here are the steps to get the New Timeline, Like a Boss:
1. Log in to Facebook (duh?)
2. Goto developers.facebook.com
3. On the Top of the screen you would see something called as APPS, click on that or go toÂ https://developers.facebook.com/apps
4. Create a New App, Enter anything you wish in App Display Name and App Namespace, hit continue, enter the Captcha,Â Read through and agree to the Platform Privacy agreement. This is the step you need to be verified for.
5. Ensure you’re in your new app’s main settings screen. You should see your app’s name near the top of the page.
6.Â Â Look for the “Open Graph” header, and click the “Get Started using open graph” link.
7.Â Create a test action for your app, like “loving” a “dnetzone”, or “eat” a “sandwich”
8.Â This should drop you into an action type configuration page. Change a few of the default settings (I changed the past tense of “read” to “redd” â€” again, only you can see this unless you try and submit your application to the public directory), and click through all three pages of settings and hit the Save Changes and Next button
9.Â Â Wait 2-3 minutes
10. Go to Facebook,Â An invite to try Timeline should be waiting at the top of the page
11. Hit the Get it Now Button
12. Take a screenshot, upload it on Facebook, Flaunt it!!