Music is an inseparable part of our lives since time immemorial. There are tales of the African hunters turning their bows and arrows into one stringed musical instruments, now known as the berimbau, using claps and simple drums to create amazing music.
Like the berimbau other musical instruments have evolved a great deal and with technology these acoustic instruments have found new avenues and heights. Amplifiers and speakers breathed new life into acoustic instruments and we were able to play music louder and clearer than before.
Now with much of our music saved on our cellphones, mp3 players, tablets and ipods, its imperative to have a sound system that’s portable and one that sounds great too.
Usually mobile phone speakers are either too tiny and don’t have the capacity to be both clear and loud at the same time or they are really expensive and out of reach for many. Though there is one that beats them all. The Olixar – Toughbeats bluetooth speaker is an absolutely amazing gadget that also works as a handsfree call receiver. Take a look at the features down below.
- Bluetooth 2.1 compatible with ten metre range – We tried the speaker within and a tad bit outside the range too, once charged fully, there is absolute clarity in sound and its loud enough to fill a large room with good quality music.
- 5mm audio jack – Works with mp3 players too! Just plug in the aux cable that comes in the box.
- Built-in microphone for phone calls – Receive calls from wherever you are . Though if there is much distance between the phone and the speaker the other person may not hear you that well.
- 1 x micro USB port for charging – It charges wonderfully with the universal phone charger as well. You can also plug it to your computer to keep it charging.
- IPX4 rating (splash proof) – The speaker comes with a silicon casing that keeps it safe. We played Capoeira to the music in rain! Beat that!
- 6 hour music playback – Start your own party wherever you are, as long as you have a charger you can keep going all night.
- 2 hour charge time with built-in rechargeable battery – Easy to charge with various options ranging from usb chargers to universal mobile chargers.
Not comparing the Olixar Toughbeats to a full fledged home system (that would be totally unfair) but as a portable, waterproof and lightweight speaker, Toughbeats packs a punch and is a great speaker which is also economical.
- Bluetooth: 2.1
- Dimensions: 160 x 70 x 70mm (actual speaker, not packaging)
- 3.5mm port: Yes
- Charging voltage: DC 5V
- Power output: 3W
- Battery size: 800mAh
- Play time: 6 hours
- Charge time: 2 hours
- Bluetooth: Yes
- Colour: Black
What’s In the Box?
- 1 x ToughBeats speaker
- 1 x 3.5mm to 3.5mm AUX cable
- 1 x USB charging cable
- 1 x User manual
Pick up your portable speakers @ Mobile Fun