The refurbished cartridges are available widely and they are a lot cheap. Although these cartridges are a great way to save money yet the only problem with these cartridges is that they have the risk of damaging your printer. This makes people think that should they use the remanufactured or refurbished cartridges or not?
Cost of printing with genuine ink cartridges
At some point, you will have to purchase a new ink cartridge even if you do not massively use your printer. Here, you will be a lot tempted to purchase the refurbished cartridges because they are cheaper. Nobody will hesitate in purchasing a new ink cartridge if it will be affordable. However, when these cartridges will be so expensive then it is obvious people are going to search for alternative ways. If you use the refurbished cartridges then will it damage or printer or void its warranty? There are many rumors spread about the refurbished cartridges which makes people wonder are they going to be good to use or not.
Myths about refurbished ink cartridges
There is a common believe that the refurbished ink cartridges will void the warranty of your printer and it can even damage your printer. Before making a purchase decision about the refurbished ink cartridges, it is recommended to take a look at the pros and cons of both the options. The refurbished cartridges are also known as the remanufactured ink cartridges. It will be the cartridge that was sent to the manufacturing plant for recycling. It is going to have generic ink and it will be composed of both new and recycled parts.
Pros of refurbished ink cartridges
- The biggest benefit of these remanufactured cartridges is that they are quite affordable. They are drastically cheaper than the brand new cartridges. They can let you save between 15 to 70 percent of the money, which you will be spending on the genuine cartridges.
- The remanufactured or refurbished cartridges are readily available. You can find them everywhere and they are available for almost all types of printers.
- If you will use the refurbished cartridges then you will be saving the environment from waste. The empty cartridges will not become a part of the landfills. Instead, they will be reused. This is going to save the environment from waste and there will be no toxins present in the environment.
Cons of refurbished ink cartridges
- As these cartridges are refurbished they will beat a greater risk of breaking down or even leaking. It is hence important to purchase the cartridges from a reputable company so that it meets the quality standards and even if something goes wrong then you can at least make the provider accountable for the loss.
- Depending of the manufacturer and the printer model, the ink yield and print quality is going to low as compared to the original cartridges. Some people say that the ink yield for the remanufactured cartridges is higher because they contain 20 percent more ink. It is also said that as the print quality issues arise frequently, you will be wasting a lot of printer and hence ink will run out quickly.
- If the supplier says that they can fix the remanufactured cartridge for you, then don’t send the whole printer for repair. Remove the cartridge from the printer and then send it for the repair.
What should be the purchase decision?
So where do we go from here? Is it wise to use the remanufactured ink cartridges or not? If you are concerned about the quality of prints and your printer is dear to you, then do not purchase the refurbished cartridges. Although it is said that the refurbished cartridges pass quality standard test still one cannot trust this if quality prints are needed.
If your goal is just to save money and you can live with using these refurbished cartridges then its ok, you can purchase them. Another way to save money on the expense of ink cartridges is to purchase the cartridge refilling kits. You can widely find them in the markets. If you are getting these then make sure they are compatible with your printer. Otherwise, they will not work for you. They are a useful way of saving money but the problem with the refills is that you can make the cartridge useless if you do not refill it properly. There are times when the refilled cartridges do not work with your printer. It is because either the printer is not recognizing them or because it is giving a message that you are out of ink despite the fact that plenty of ink is present in it.
You will also find the compatible cartridges as an alternative to say money on the genuine cartridges but again the question is are they going to be good for your printer or not? These compatible cartridges are copy of the OEM cartridges. The only difference between the compatible cartridges and the refurbished cartridges is that the former ones are made from new components whereas the latter one are made from the recycled components.
So if you are not willing to compromise on quality, then simply purchase the genuine cartridges. However, if you can compromise on quality and you are looking for way to save money, then just purchase the refurbished cartridges. Be sure you get them from a reliable provider. You can find great cost on HP cartridges from Cartridge Discount CO. UK
The DNetWorks Team