People sending out messages on Whatsapp saying it’s going to charge them money to use the service and there is a message from the CEO of Whatsapp doing round is a HOAX guys, NOTHING LIKE THIS is going to happen.
Here is the message doing rounds about Whatsapp
“Hello everyone, it seems that all the warnings were real, the use of WhatsApp cost money from summer 2012. If you send this string to 18 different on your list, your icon will be blue and will be free for you. If you do not believe me see tomorrow at 6 pm ending WhatsApp and have to pay to open it, this is by law This message is to inform all of our users, our servers have recently been very congested, so we are asking your help to solve this problem. We require our active users forwarded this message to each of the people in your contact list to confirm our active users using WhatsApp, if you do not send this message to all your contacts WhatsApp, then your account will remain inactive with the consequence of losing all their contacts
Message from Jim Balsamic (CEO of Whatsapp) we have had an over usage of user names on whatsapp Messenger. We are requesting all users to forward this message to their entire contact list. If you do not forward this message, we will take it as your account is invalid and it will be deleted within the next 48 hours. Please DO NOT ignore this message or whatsapp will no longer recognise your activation.
If you wish to re-activate your account after it has been deleted, a charge of 25.00 will be added to your monthly bill. We are also aware of the issue involving the pictures updates not showing. We are working diligently at fixing this problem and it will be up and running as soon as possible. Thank you for your cooperation from the Whatsapp team” WhatsApp is going to cost us money soon.
The only way that it will stay free is if you are a frequent user i.e. you have at least 10 people you are chatting with. To become a frequent user send this message to 10 people who receive it (2 ticks) and your WhatsApp logo should turn Red to indicate a frequent user. Am sorry had no option!
And check now the status of every individual contact is showing : Status : error”
Here are some of the 11 reasons why the above messages and every other messages doing rounds about Whatsapp is Fake
1. Whatsapp hasn’t started making money yet, other than their iOS app being $.99 there is no known way they are making money.
2. Usernames getting exhausted: We all know they use Phone numbers as usernames right? Until the phone numbers get exhausted how on earth can the user names get over on Whatsapp.
3. Summer of 2012 is already over, its only valid if you’re in Australia.
4. Sending the above message to 18 different people in the list will not do you any good, they will think you’re stupid, the rest will forward that to everyone, and prove that they’re stupid
5. Whatsapp Icon will never by default turn Blue, NEVER EVER, until they change their Logo colour for some reason, I love the green colour though.
6. Sending the above message to people in your list and they in turn sending it to other is NOT AT ALL doing anything good, its only making matters worse, you message is causing a broadcast storm and may take down Whatsapp server, and then maybe the service will be unavailable, but for free hours or days at max.
7. There is NO way they can detect that you’ve send exact number of the message to 18 people so DON’T do it.
8. Some amount of money will be charged from your account? they say 25.00 what $? £? well, nothing of this sort is happening, you would rather switch to Samsung ChatON, Viber or another free service isn’t it?
9. If not, you just pay $.99 for the service, a one-time-fee or even a fee for a year, IS THAT TOO MUCH?
10. Status showing: Error! OMG! Beginning of the end? NO, its just a temporary glitch from Whatsapp’s end and it should be resolved soon.
11. But you see your free trail expiring on 3rd December 2012, or x,y,z date, Wait till that day comes, it will auto re-new.
I am sure all of the above makes sense to you, now stop spreading the rumour if you’re doing it, if not, share this page with the friend spreading it.
If you want to actually know if this is going to happen, how about Following Whatsapp Status on Twitter, they’re doing a great job updating status if there are any issues with the service.
The DNetWorks Team