Owners of T-Mobile Galaxy S3 SGH-T999 can install the BlackJelly custom ROM for a taste of Jelly Bean. This ROM is based on the UVDL18 leak of android 4.1.1 jelly bean for the same variant. Credit for the ROM goes to XDA Developers member grafixnyc(http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1892746). This new ROM is already rooted, de-bloated and deodexed. Read on for more details.
The features included in the ROM include Nova launcher, AOSP sound sets, blue or black theme, a stock AOSP keyboard, an extended power menu and custom toggles. However, as the ROM is based on leaked software, some issues are expected, and 100% stability won’t be possible.
- The instructions are meant for the T-Mobile variant of Galaxy S3, and not for any other variant or model. Confirm the model by going into Settings > About device.
- Charge the battery of the device up to 70%.
- Backup all the important data on the device.
- Follow the guide at your own risk. We will not be responsible for any damage if anything unfortunate happens.
T-Mobile Galaxy S3 SGH-T999 BlackJelly ROM – installation guide
- Install ClockworkMod Recovery (http://www.androidtuition.com/samsung-galaxy-s-iii-sgh-t999-clockworkmod-recovery-androite-how-tos/) on your device.
- Download the BlackJelly ROM.
- Copy the downloaded ROM file to the internal SD card of the device.
- Switch off the device.
- Boot the device into ClockworkMod recovery by holding down the Home, Power and Volume Up buttons together until recovery boots.
- Create a Nandroid backup of the current ROM. This is done as a pre-caution as you can also go back to the previous ROM. To create a backup, select Backup and Restore > Backup. Head back to the recovery’s main menu after the backup is complete.
- Select wipe data/factory reset and confirm the action. Next, select wipe cache partition and confirm the action.
- Head back to the main menu and choose Advanced. Now select wipe Dalvik cache and confirm the action.
- Select install zip from SD card > choose zip from SD card. Search for the BlackJelly ROM and select it to start installation.
- Go back to the main menu and select Reboot System Now.
Congrats. You’ve flashed the BlackJelly custom ROM on T-Mobile Galaxy S3 SGH-T999. Feel free to leave comments.
The DNetWorks Team