Head over to the Google homepage and you will see a scientific doodle! Whom does it belong to? Danish physicist who made foundational contributions to understanding atomic structure and quantum mechanics. It’s his 127th Birthday Anniversary Google Doodle today, 7th October 2012.
About Niels Bohr’s Google Doodle
The Doodle has Google name what looks like impressed and the first O is a Quantum image, which a frequency sign moving to the Plancks Constant Formula! E=hv, where h is the Plancks constant, E=Energy of a proton and v is the frequency, quite geeky!
About Niels Henrik David Bohr
He was born on October 7, 1885 in Copenhagen in Denmark, and died in November 18, 1962 in Denmark Copenhagen. He were educated at Trinity College, Cambridge, University of Copenhagen and the University of Cambridge.
In 1938 Bohr worked with Albert Einstein and carried out atomic research; was elected president of the Danish Academy of Science and was an advisor to the Manhattan Project, which produced the first atomic bomb.
Interesting Facts about Niels Bohr
- Played Soccer
- 1922- Awarded Nobel Prize in Physics
- 1938- Bohr worked with Albert Einstein and carried out atomic research; was elected president of the Danish Academy of Science and was an advisor to the Manhattan Project, which produced the first atomic bomb.
- 1957- Received Atoms for Peace Award
Books Written by Niels Bohr
- The Philosophical Writings of Niels Bohr
- Niels Bohr – Collected Works (2008, thirteen volumes)
If you can share more details about Quantum Mechanics and Atom structure, we will be more than happy to share it
The DNetWorks Team