Samsung launches the Galaxy Camera, Note 2 and Windows RT based Tablet
Samsung launched 3 major heavy weights in 3 major sector of consumer technology at its Unpacking Event in Germany, yesterday 29th August 2012.
Android Powered Samsung Galaxy Camera EK GC-100 - Samsung presents ‘Camera, Reborn.’ – the GALAXY Camera
There were speculation that Samsung was planning on releasing a Galaxy series Android powered Camera and it became a reality at the Berlin Event, the device can be thought as a Camera with an Internet on Android, which has Android apps like, Dropbox, Instagram and more.
It will however, not have a GSM telephony capability, but can utilize Skype and
other VoIP technologies to accomplish the task.
Here are the specifications for Samsung Galaxy Camera EK GC-100
- 4.8 inch HD Super Clear LCD
- Android 4.1 Jelly Bean / Touchwiz Nature UX
- 1.4GHz quad-core processor
- 8GB internal storage
- microSD expansion
- 1650mAh battery.
- Wi-Fi only, as well as 3G and 4G options, with Wi-Fi
- 21x optical zoom
- 23mm wide-angle lens
- Nearly three dozen editing features
- Software to take optimal images, organize, and share
- Expected to arrive in Q4
It features a 16 million pixel 1/2.3 inch CMOS sensor along with an f/2.8 21x optical zoom lens which starts at 23mm (35mm equivalent)
It will also feature Android Play Store, so you download and install most popular Games, Apps and more.
You can click Edit, upload photos from the camera itself, DropBox, Google Drive etc. will enable you to direct store your photos on the cloud.
The price of the Galaxy Camera has not been revealed yet.
Galaxy Note 2
The second generation Phablet is out and its bigger than the current version the Galaxy Note, there were feature list and mockups already out pointing to a release and they were right on the money.
Here is the official Galaxy Note 2 Specification:
- 5.5-inch Super AMOLED HD touchscreen display with 1280 x 720 resolution and 16:9 aspect ratio
- Size: 80 x 151.1 x 9.4mm thin – thinner than its predecessor
- Weight: 180 grams
- 1.6GHz quad-core Exynos processor
- 2GB of RAM
- 16/32/64GB on-board memory
- microSDHC support of up to 64GB of additional storage
- 8-megapixel rear-camera with Auto Focus, LED flash and HD video recording
- 2-megapixel front-facing camera
- HSPA+ support
- 4G LTE connectivity (in selected markets)
- Bluetooth 4.0
- Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n
- Wi-Fi Direct
- USB 2.0 support
- A-GPS and Glonass support
- 3,100mAh removable battery with faster charging – bigger capacity than its predecessor
- Android 4.1 Jelly Bean on board out of the box with TouchWiz UI on top
- Redesigned S-Pen: wider and longer to offer better grip. The stylus now has a rubber tip to offer an experience more similar to pen and paper
- Colors: Marble White and Titanium Grey
In addition to the feature packed Jelly Bean, Samsung has added S-Pen, Stylus related software features, this include warning the user they the Styles isn’t re-attached, handwriting support, Quick Commands, Air View: Previews to the contents of the folder and more.
Samsung ATIV Tab based on Window RT
Samsung has also announced the ATIV Tab based on Windows RT with the new Windows Tiled UI. It is a 10.1 inch (1366 x 767 pixels) HD display powered by 1.5 GHz dual-core processor and a 5 MPx Camera with LED Flash at the back and 1.9 MPx at the front, the tablet will be 8.9mm thick and has NFC with Tap + Send features to share files over Bluetooth/Wi-Fi.
Samsung ATIV Tab specifications
- 10.1-inch (1366 x 768 pixels) HD display
- Windows RT OS
- 1.5 GHz dual-core processor
- 8.9 mm thick and weighs 570 g
- 5MP Auto Focus Camera with LED Flash, 1.9MP front-facing camera
- Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n (2.4 & 5 GHz), Wi-Fi Direct, Wi-Fi Channel Bonding
- Bluetooth 4.0, USB 2.0 Host, 3.5 mm audio jack, Micro HDMI, NFC, S-GPS
- 2GB RAM, 32/64GB User memory, expandable memory up to with 64GB microSD
- 8200 mAh battery
There has been no details about the pricing and availability fo the tab at the time of writing this Article