The easiest way to Install Mac OS X on a Hackintosh PC - How to
A few of you must have attempted to get Mac OS X on your PC with various methods available online, reason being, you want to try Mac OS X, See what the hype is about or want to try some software that work only on a Mac, whatever the reason maybe, we got to say, it is the most beautiful looking operating system around, Until now, only geeks or people who could understand nerdism were able to do so, but here we are showing you the SIMPLEST WAY to install Mac OS X on your PC.
Previously, you had to use a tedious process to get your PC to work on Snow Leopard and THEN upgrade it to Mac OS X Lion, not any more, Hardware wiz tonymacx86 is renowned for developing the hackintosh project, and has now made the process a whole lot simpler by introducing UniBeast all-in-one bootable USB drive.
This new tools can help you install Mac OS X Lion on your hackintosh PC and the best part is, you don’t need anything other than a USB drive, not even an iBoot CD to boot, which means no optical drives are necessary. Incredible isn’t it?
Well, here are the simple steps to go about installing Mac OS X Lion on your Hackintosh PC
Firstly, you will need a copy of OS X Lion (downloadable from the Mac App Store or attainable via the official Lion USB flash drive), and a separate 8GB (At least) flash drive.
Also, the most important ingredient, UniBeast, which can be downloaded from here.
1. Firstly, you’ll need to create a bootable USB drive with the help of UniBeast.
Open/Applications/Utilities/Disk Utility and highlight your USB drive on your Mac.
2. Next, click the Partition tab, then Current and opt for 1 Partition. Then, click Options and select Master Boot Record.
3. Change Name to ‘USB’ (you can use any name you wish), and select Mac OS Extended (Journaled) as your format. Once you’re done, select Apply then click Partition.
NOTE: If you’re using the Install Mac OS X Lion Application, be sure to check that it’s been placed in the /Applications folder. If you’re instead using the OS X Lion USB Thumb Drive, plug it in.
4. Download and run UniBeast. Continue through the first few steps.
5. At Destination Select, click USB and then Continue.
6. Select the package name of the method you’ll be using to install. Laptop users will need to select the Laptop Support in addition. Once that’s done, hit Continue.
7. Enter password and click Install. Depending on various factors such as, the speed of your system and the flash drive, it could take up to 15-20 minutes.
Step 8: Boot from your freshly prepared USB flash drive and install, just follow the on-screen instruction
If you get stuck at any point along the way, head over to tonymac86?s forums and sign up there, where you’ll find a bunch of like-minded techies on hand to help you through your efforts on getting an Hackintosh on your PC