Are you tried with your boring look for your desktop/Laptop home screen, the best you’ve done is change the wallpaper to a HD image, well here are some awesome customization that the users have done to their home screens. Have a Look get inspired.
3. Faded and Desaturated by: rykennedyan
4. Room of Shapes by: A State Of Flux
11. merindab Desktop
Want to make your own? Here are three FREE utilities used to create and customizeyour own personal desktop.
1. Samurize is an advanced system monitoring and desktop enhancement engine for Windows 2000/XP/2003/Vista. IT professionals, overclockers, gamers and desktop modders alike use Samurize for system information, weather reports, news headlines and much much more. And best of all, Samurize is 100% free!
2. RocketDock : brings a Mac OS X Dock-style application launcher to Windows for free. With RocketDock, you can minimize apps to your dock to thumbnails, tweak any of your icons, view real-time window previews from the dock (in Vista), and quickly launch any app. Like many of the other apps mentioned here
3. Rainmeter – Rainmeter is a feature rich system meter with support for multiple layers of png images (just like Rainlender). It can measure all of the basic system statistics such as physical ram, virtual memory, swap, and hard drive space. When coupled with MBM5, it can measure system temperatures and fan speeds. Rainmeter also has the ability to display the time as an analog clock with second, minute, and hour hands. Also available as a Litestep module.
4. ObjectDock ObjectDock is a program that enables users to organize their shortcuts, programs and running tasks into an attractive and fun animated Dock. By allowing users to have more control over how they organize their desktop, users can take control of their desktop icons and shortcuts to have them be available when where and how they need them. This, all with the unique style and top-rate performance that ObjectDock is known to deliver!
5. Rainlender Rainlendar is a feature rich calendar application that is easy to use and doesn’t take much space on your desktop. The application is platform independent so you can run it on all major operating systems: Windows, Linux and Mac OS X.The appearance can be customized with skins and you can even mix different skins together.
6. Emerge Desktop — a free Windows shell replacement that swaps out the default Windows taskbar, start-menu, and right-click menu with its own alternatives